Permethrin treats scabies and head lice. It comes in different forms and therefore have different instructions for use. Make sure to read directions before using.
How was your experience with Permethrin?
Permethrin Cautionary Labels
Uses of Permethrin
Permethrin is used in the treatment of:
Permethrin is used in the prevention of:
- Lice Infestations
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Permethrin Brand Names
Permethrin may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Permethrin Drug Class
Permethrin is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Permethrindrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Take permethrin exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Permethrin dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Permethrin is available in the following doses:
- Permethrin Topical 0.25% Topical Spray
- Permethrin Topical 0.5% Topical Spray
- Permethrin Topical 1% Topical Kit
- Permethrin Topical 1% Topical Lotion
- Permethrin Topical 1% Topical Solution
- Permethrin Topical 5% Topical Cream
- Permethrin/piperonyl Butoxide/pyrethr Topical Topical Kit
Forms of Medication
Permethrin is available in the following forms:
- Medicated Shampoo
- Medicated Shampoos
- Topical Cream
- Topical Lotion
- Topical Spray